To be a leading centre of excellence in human capital development in education sector for sustainable development.
To maintain a leadership role in human capital development, generation of new knowledge, ideas and innovative pedagogical skills, involvement in research and consultancy services leading to enhancement of quality of life for humanity.
Both the vision and mission of the school are geared towards offering quality professional preparation programmes and promotion of excellence through instruction ,research and consultancy services to meet the dynamic needs of the country in human capital formation .our core values thus include,inter alia:-
- Provision of high quality teaching.
- Keeping abreast with technological advancement.
- Dedication to excellence.
- Upholding the ethics and etiquette of teaching learning, research and consultancy.
Dr. Kyalo Dorothy Ndunge
The center emerged out of felt need to provide quality higher education to the people of North Eastern Province who could not access higher education due to factors such as: vast distances from main campus, restrictive socio-economic and cultural background, volatile and unfavorable environmental conditions, insecurity and prohibitive cost of education in major cities in Kenya as well as other parts of the globe. Garissa E.M.C. was curved from Nairobi E.M.C.in 2007, with the aim of taking education to the people as a response to achieve the country’s Millennium Development Goals. Today, Garissa E.M.C. is full pledged center with five functional sub-centers( Kitui, Mwingi, Wajir South, Wajir North and Madera). The center has six employees i.e. Dr kyalo, Mr. Mohamed, Mr. Mulwa, Mr. Dakane, Ms Munyiva and Mr. Vundi.
Mohamed A. Noor
GARISSA E.M.C IS GUIDED BY THE FOLLOWING QUALITY OBJECTIVES:-
- To introduce various courses offered by the Extra –Mural Department to the people of North and North Eastern Kenya who may not be able to join main Campus due to various factors.
- To ensure quality services by following the ISO processes in all activities.
- To ensure timely responsiveness to the needs of the students fraternity /community by producing employable Graduates.
- To create environmentally friendly atmosphere for learning by maintaining cautious Staff-Lecturers and support staff.
- To enhance the accessibility to Higher Education to the grass- root community through various Certificate Courses.
Dr. Omondi Bowa addressing students
Location: Garissa Extra-Mural Centre is at the Sankuri Road above commercialCollege on the second turning to the left after the bridge from Nairobi
Address: P.O Box 1207-70100 Garissa.
For more information, contact: Resident Lecture, Dr Kyalo – 0722-821 341 or Centre organizer, Mohamed N. Aden 0720-782386; other contacts Sub-Centre; Kitui : 0713104192,0728216201 Mwingi 0724 390 595; Wajir 0728 672 663.