University of Nairobi through School of Open and Distance Learning, ODeL Campus in collaboration with School of Economics and School of Built Environment will hold the 3rd International annual Conference on Project Planning and Management during the University of Nairobi Research Week 2021.
This conference is multi-disciplinary and will bring together experts to share best practices and latest developments in the field of project planning, design and implementation. Speakers from construction projects, transport projects, social projects, education projects, health projects, engineering, anthropology, sociology, environment, economics, management, information communication technology and other development game-changers across the globe.
The conference will be conducted virtually through the University of Nairobi conference link which will be provided to the registered participants after 30th September, 2021, which is the deadline for registration.
The conference will comprise of presentations and panel discussions which will provide participants with opportunity to interact with eminent scholars, private sector practitioners, industry, policy makers, opinion leaders, representatives from diplomatic corps and National and county governments.
Dissemination of project management research findings, policy briefs by academicians, policy development and practitioner’s experiences which propel the efforts towards attaining Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) will be the focus of the conference. This three-day conference will provide a platform to explore further the best practices in project management.
Day 1 will take the form of plenary and interactive presentations while Day 2 and 3 will take some more-interactive research presentations PhD Colloquium and discussion Forum to enable participants to gain skills and knowledge on how to plan, design and implement programmes and projects with a view to come up with policies and practices that support the achievement of sustainable economy and develop.
The main objective of the conference will be to provide researchers, postgraduate students and practitioners from the universities, organizations, individuals and other experts an opportunity to showcase their research output. Specifically, the conference will provide:
- An opportunity through which new research findings and products will be released in the global market
- An opportunity through which participants will learn from world renown experts and researchers on issues related to project management
- A forum for stakeholders both international and local to deliberate and share information and ideas on project planning and management
- A platform through which Universities, organizations and individual participants will increase their visibility
- An opportunity for networking and collaboration
THEME: Emerging Project Planning and Management Trends for Socio-Economic Recovery
- Project Management during Emergencies
- Evolving Project Management for Digital Age.
- Project Implementation for sustainable cities and communities
- Innovative infrastructural development for Industrial growth
- Project Monitoring and Evaluation for Economic Recovery
- Collaborations, partnerships and linkages in project management
- Knowledge Transfer for financial viability and wealth creation
- Building Community Resilience for Food Security and Poverty Reduction
- Environmental Legal Frameworks in Project Management
- Cross-cutting issues
Call for Papers
The conference welcomes papers in the field of Project management and all other related fields.
We will accept abstracts that are between 250-400 words.
Full paper submissions under 12,000 words and original, will be submitted as per the guidelines which will be provided after acceptance of abstract.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
We welcome research based or desk-top academic papers.Collaboration among multiple authors, colleagues and other scholars is highly encouraged.Co-authored papers will be accepted with consent from all authors. It is the responsibility of the Lead Presenter to obtain the consent of fellow authors. All presentations must adhere to intellectual property rights legislation. University of Nairobi will not be responsible for infringements of intellectual property or plagiarism in any of the conference presentations.
Abstracts for conference presentation must include a description of each of the following:
- The research focus or problem
- The theoretical framework informing the research
- Research methodology, including ethics
- Key insights or findings, and implications.
Abstracts to be submitted via email to: email@example.com
Conference papers will be presented on power-point
- Call for Abstracts March 1, 2021
- Deadline for submission of Abstracts – July 30, 2021
- Acceptance notification – A few days after receipt of abstract
- Deadline for submission of papers – August 30, 2021
- Registration OPENS – July 1, 2021
- Registration CLOSES – September 30, 2021
- Conference Dates – 25th-27th October 2021
- Students - Kshs. 1,500.00 OR USD 16
- UoN Staff - Kshs. 1,500.00 OR USD 16
- East African Citizens Kshs. 2,000.00 OR USD 21
- All other participants Kshs. 3,000.00 OR USD 31
For any further information contact
University of Nairobi
School of Open and Distance Learning
Deans office+254 720209996/0722821341
Dr. Angeline Mulwa,
- Log in to post comments